Dyspraxia means that movement and coordination are affected.
In dyspraxia, messages from the brain are not being reliably transmitted to the body. Dyspraxia can also affect learning ability. The condition can lead to a full spectrum of problems with language, perception and thought.
Why use SwimPix with swimmers with Dyspraxia
- There are 100 different SwimPix illustrations to support learning to swim
- Captions are short, clear and concise and easy to show regularly
- Visual cues - clear and concise to avoid confusion
- Pictures for clear communication
- Use a small group of cards to show a sequence
- Easy to use as a reminder just before the swimmer leaves the side as short-term memory can be challenging for some